POA is hiring an Engineering Manager to work in our Bend, Oregon location.
Powers of Automation is a fast-growing, dynamic company in Bend, Oregon and the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide full-service integration, calibration, and validation services to the pharmaceutical, aviation, food, and beverage industries among many others. POA offers a competitive benefits package including generous PTO and health insurance. POA has strong company values and believes that employees perform best with a healthy life and work balance.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the Engineering and Production teams. This includes engineering design, drafting, and fabrication. The Engineering Manager ensures customer projects are managed from beginning to end to facilitate on time project delivery, to keep projects within budget and scope, to meet customer expectations and conformance to required standards. This position includes the installation and troubleshooting of customer integration projects, design modifications to existing control systems and validation activities for new control systems.
- Leadership Competencies including:
- Being professional, accountable, and trustworthy.
- Being proactive (strategic, planning, budgeting, managing resources, etc.).
- Communicating well and effectively, both written and oral communication.
- Making educated and sound decisions.
- Empowering employees and driving continual improvement and innovation.
- Driving a “customer first” approach.
- Organization and attention to details.
- Ability to multi‐task between projects and tasks.
- Effective team player.
- Effective problem-solver.
- Control project budgets, schedules, and scope.
- Effective leadership of meetings with customers, team members, and contractors.
- Program PLCs and HMIs (Allen Bradley, GE, Siemens, etc.).
- Install, configure, and maintain application software.
- Configure VFDs (Allen Bradley, etc.).
- Configure Managed Ethernet Switches (Allen Bradley, Cisco, Moxa, etc.).
- Configure chart recorders, dataloggers and test equipment.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID and electrical drawings.
- Understand and apply requirements of UL508A / UL698A and NFPA70 standards and codes to panel fabrication and machine assembly.
- Ability to use standard electrical instruments such as multimeters, inductive ammeters, etc.
- Ability to use Email/Outlook, Excel, Word, PDF Software, and Project Management software (e.g., Project Insight, MS Project).
- Must be able to work safely around hazardous materials, electrical systems, and industrial automated processes.
- Valid Driver’s License and a driving record that maintains insurability under the company’s vehicle and liability policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field; or, equivalent directly related combination of education and business experience.
- Allen Bradley Rockwell experience required.
- Emerson DeltaV certification preferred.
- Distech Controls experience preferred.
- Robotics experience preferred.
- PMP certification, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience with 5 years’ experience in implementing control system projects.
- Manage and approve submittals, deliverables, and change orders.
- Manage sub‐contractors, suppliers, and local permitting.
- Direct supervision of Engineering and Production staff including regular performance feedback, official reviews, daily activities, and goal setting/development plans.
- Generally sedentary. May require standing and walking for up to 30% of the time.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs. (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending.
- Frequent near vision required for reading and computer use.
- Able to drive a vehicle, maintain a valid state driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to our insurer.
- Work primarily indoors in a general office environment.
- Work in customer facilities including but not limited to: Clean rooms, GMP controlled environments, light and heavy industrial facilities.
- Outdoor field work as required.
- Frequency: Approximately 30% or less of total time
- Duration: Dependent on customer requirements
Working Hours: Full-time exempt (40 hours/week) working during normal business hours. Position is not overtime eligible.
Compensation / Benefits DOE, generous PTO; 8 paid holidays; health insurance; continued education/training reimbursement.
Date Posted: December 3, 2020
Close Date: March 1, 2021
To Apply: Upload a cover letter and resume via our website.