Powers of Automation is a fast-growing, dynamic company headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We provide full-service integration, calibration and validation services to the pharmaceutical, aviation, food and beverage industries among many others. POA offers a competitive benefits package including generous PTO, health insurance, matching 401K and profit sharing. POA has strong company values and believes that employees perform best with a healthy life and work balance.
POA is hiring an Automation Manufacturing Technician to work at our Bend, Oregon headquarters. As an Engineering/Manufacturing Technician, you must be able support activities and maintenance in the Engineering department of the company. This position will also cover local and remote location startups, field troubleshooting, and repair of various industrial control systems. Secondarily, the Engineering/Manufacturing Technician provides support to production, receiving, shipping, and inventory control.
You may be the ideal candidate if:
- Dexterity in detailed tasks that require quality and precision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Collaborator and team player.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with MS Office software (Excel, Word), PDF software.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- General knowledge of proper tool use and basic machining.
- Basic use of AutoCAD preferred.
- Basic PLC Programming and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to safely drive a forklift.
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology, Automation and Control Technology or a related field or equivalent vocational certificate. Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Electrical trade specific classes recommended.
- 1 – 5 years production environment experience, preferably electrical manufacturing experience.
Specific job functions include (but are not limited to):
- Program and debugging PLCs, HMIs, and data acquisition systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair various Industrial control and instrumentation systems.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Travel to local Client sites and remote Client sites.
- Interface with Clients and provide excellent customer service.
- Assemble control panels in conformance with project drawings and company/customer standards.
- Assemble wiring harnesses with strict attention to quality and detail.
- Operational testing of hardware and software automation.
- Documentation of procedures, “As Built” blueprints, factory testing, and other project related documents.
- Quality Checks of all products and associated parts.
- Packaging and crating of panels and project related items
- Generally sedentary, with frequent standing and walking.
- Occasional lifting of equipment and materials (overhead, waist level, from floor, bending).
- Frequent near vision required for reading and computer use.
- Able to drive a vehicle, maintain a valid state driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to our insurer.
- Work primarily indoors in a general office and shop environment.
- Occasional work at customer sites.
- Frequency: Approximately 30% or less of total time
- Duration: Dependent on customer requirements
Working Hours: Full-time position (40 hours/week) working during normal business hours, some overtime required.
Compensation / Benefits DOE, non-exempt position (overtime eligible); generous PTO; 8 paid holidays; 401K match; profit sharing; health insurance; continued education/training reimbursement.
Date Posted: February 10, 2021
Close Date: April 10, 2021
To Apply: Upload a cover letter and resume via our website. Please NO phone calls or recruiters.
Powers of Automation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.