Location: Bend, OR
Compensation: : Contact us to learn more
Benefits Offered: Contact us to learn more
Employment Type: Full-time
Powers of Automation is a fast-growing, dynamic company headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We provide full-service integration, calibration and validation services to the pharmaceutical, aviation, food and beverage industries among many others. POA has strong company values and believes that employees perform best with a healthy life and work balance.
POA is hiring a Validation Engineer-Specialist to work in the San Francisco Bay. As a Validation Engineer-Specialist, you must be able to lead and/or participate in the planning, preparation and execution of validations for cGMP equipment, instrumentation, facilities and utilities.
POA is hiring a Senior Validation Engineer to work in Bend, OR. As a Senior Validation Engineer, you must be able to lead and/or participate in the planning, preparation and execution of validations for cGMP equipment, instrumentation, facilities and utilities.
You may be the ideal candidate if:
- You excel in an environment of Data collection and analysis, executing Validation Protocols (DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ) and utilization of Good Documentation Practices,
- You can work independently while building strong relationships with remote team members,
- You are customer focused and strive to provide excellent customer service,
- You are detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment,
- You embrace continual professional and personal improvement,
- You can coach and mentor junior engineers,
- You can manage Validation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field or; equivalent directly related combination of education and business experience.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical services.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Specific job functions include (but are not limited to):
- Performing project assignments relating to equipment, environmental, and process validation,
- Generating and executing Validation protocols (DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ), data collection, analysis and file storage, as well as using Good Documentation Practices for the proper documentation/verification of all work performed,
- Performing scheduled and on-demand validation activities for customers utilizing their equipment and processes or POA equipment and processes,
- Providing excellent Customer Service, with minimal supervision, for customer Validation activities,
- Utilizing Asset Management Software to support a full validation program for customers and equipment complying with Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations,
- Maintaining Reference Standards and equipment used for validation protocol execution,
- Recording and compiling data and verification using electronic signatures and file storage as well as using Good Documentation Practices for the proper documentation/verification of all work performed,
- Following all safety and security requirements provided by POA and current/future customers,
- Coaching and mentoring junior engineers,
- Providing technical advice on issues that impact other teams and POA at-large,
- Providing risk-based assessments to guide decision making and improve department standards,
- Providing project management for Validation-centric projects,
- Serving as Validation project engineer on multi-department projects.
- Generally sedentary; requires standing and walking
- Occasional lifting required; overhead, waist level from floor and/or bending
- Frequent near vision required for reading and computer use
- Work primarily indoors in a general office environment with potential for work in customer facilities including but not limited to: Clean rooms, GMP controlled environments, light and heavy industrial facilities
- Availability to travel out of town for projects and training up to 25% per year
Working Hours: Full-time position (40 hours/week) working during normal business hours, some overtime required.
Compensation / Benefits: DOE, exempt position (not overtime eligible); generous PTO; 8 paid holidays; 401K match; profit sharing; health insurance; continued education/training reimbursement.
Date Posted: June 12, 2020
Close Date: July 10, 2020
To Apply: Upload a cover letter and resume via our website. Please NO phone calls or recruiters.