Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Compensation: : Contact us to learn more
Benefits Offered: Contact us to learn more
Employment Type: Full-time
Powers of Automation is a fast-growing, dynamic company headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We provide full-service integration, calibration and validation services to the pharmaceutical, aviation, food and beverage industries among many others. POA has strong company values and believes that employees perform best with a healthy life and work balance.
POA is hiring a Validation Engineer-Specialist to work in the San Francisco Bay. As a Validation Engineer-Specialist, you must be able to lead and/or participate in the planning, preparation and execution of validations for cGMP equipment, instrumentation, facilities and utilities.
You may be the ideal candidate if:
• You have 3 or more years of experience with implementing control system projects.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
• You excel in an environment of Data collection and analysis, executing Validation Protocols (DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ) and utilization of Good Documentation Practices.
• You can work independently while building strong relationships with remote team members.
• You are customer focused and strive to provide excellent customer service.
• You are detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• You embrace continual professional and personal improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field or; equivalent directly related combination of education and business experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with implementing control system projects.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Specific job functions include (but are not limited to):
• Perform project assignments relating to equipment, environmental, and process validation.
• Generate and execute Validation Protocols (DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ), Data collection, analysis, and verification using electronic signatures and file storage as well as using Good Documentation Practices for the proper documentation / verification of all work performed.
• Perform scheduled and on-demand validation activities for customers utilizing their equipment and processes or POA equipment and processes.
• Provide excellent Customer Service, with minimal supervision, for customer Validation activities.
• Utilize Asset Management Software to support a full validation program for customers and equipment complying with Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations.
• Maintain Reference Standards and equipment used for validation protocol execution.
• Record and compile data and verification using electronic signatures and file storage as well as using Good Documentation Practices for the proper documentation/verification of all work performed.
• Follow all safety and security requirements provided by POA and current/future customers.
• May be responsible for general departmental tasks.
• Generally active. May require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time.
• Sitting, walking, bending, and in-frequent lifting up to 25 lbs. (overhead, waist level) from floor.
• Manual dexterity and motor skills.
• Frequent near vision required for reading, inspection and computer use.
• Work primarily indoors in a general office environment.
• Occasional work at customer sites.
• Frequency: approximately 20% – 25% of total time.
Date Posted: January 14th, 2020
Close Date: June 1st, 2020
To Apply: Upload a cover letter and resume via our website. Please NO phone calls or recruiters.